abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Cannot Activate SIM Card via Postident Online
aneesh93
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

I'm an Indian passport holder and bought a CallYa card for 9.99 euros at the local EDEKA Bruder supermarket in Furtwangen, Germany. However, when I tried to activate online via Postident, I was informed that Postident Online does not support verification of Indian Passports. When I tried to register online, Postident online video verification was the only selectable option. Is there any way that I can identify myself ? 

Please advice regarding further course of action.

Thanks

12 Antworten 12
CallYa_User1
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

For Postident online you need a German ID card with online function, it even does not work with a German passport. So surely it could not be used with any foreign document. You only could visit a post office to this offline, there should be one also close to your place of living. Or you use the Videochat function, which works fine, too. But only when you are still in Germany, with IP Adresse of another country it will become difficult.

All I have is the process number which has been provided to me for the video identificaiton through PostIdent website. Does not the post office staff need a specific QR code or a separate pdf for them to do identification? I've read here that the customer care can de-register my sim so I can register again using the webid feature. It apparently supports Indian Passports.

Hi @aneesh93,

In that case you should go to an Vodafone shop to identify and register the SIM-card. 

Please as an information. Maybe the staff will tell you that's not possible register your SIM-card. But that's not true. They only don't earn money with that (that's the reason). 

Because the CallYa cards selling there they have to register too. 

For Vodafone office, I have to go to another city. I can buy Lidl sim card for 10 euro because of Lidl activation has a QR Code for Postident which can be easily done at Deutsche Post. I sad that I wasted 10 euros.

aneesh93
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Can someone de-register my sim so I can register it again using web id ?  Like this thread https://forum.vodafone.de/t5/Archiv-CallYa/Activation-of-SIM-Card-via-Postident-not-possible/td-p/16...

Take your process number or ID you have and try it at Post office. I guess they could help you to finish identification. Depends on the staff there how cooperative they are.

good luck for you 

aneesh93
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

I have a Callya SIM for 10 euro. Please change my registration process from Postident online to WebID, because only webid supports Indian passports. I need it activated urgently. 

*** @aneesh93, interlocked your other thread with your existing thread. ***

aneesh93
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

I have an Indian passport and Postident does not support Indian passports. When I tried to register, I chose the English Language Option on Top right corner and only when India is selected, it does not show the Post Office Direct Identification procedure. All other countries have Both options for Postident online and Postal direct (in-person) identification. The intruiging thing is when I tried to change the language to German, and then the country, it does not show India at all, all other countries can be seen. This is definitely a bug in the Registration portal which needs to be fixed. All Indians buy the CallYa sim card gets trapped, and there are nothing they could do to register their SIM cards.I am going to buy Lidl sim card today because i have already wasted my valuable time with vodafone. Thanks

Hi @aneesh93,

Please don't open new threads.

I will interlock this post to your other thread too. 🙂