abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

CallYa Cancellation and Invoice Problem
G_Nikki
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

On 27 July 2021, I ordered a free CallYa Freikarte online using my existing Vodafone account (Customer Number: ***). The CallYa card was intended to be used by a visiting family member from overseas. An e-mail from Vodafone was received on 28 July informing me that the SIM card with number *** was on the way to my address. It was then used by my sister during her 7-day visit before she flew back to her home country and since then the card has never been used again.

However, on 31 August 2021 and 28 September 2021 my bank account was charged €20 each (or €40 in total). I was of course surprised because I assumed that since it was not being used there would not be further charges incurred. I instructed my bank to refuse these charges. Nevertheless, on the safe side,  I faxed a cancellation letter on 30 September 2021 to Vodafone via Aboalarm (see attachment as proof) but NEVER received any response, and then today Vodafone sent me an e-mail demanding me a payment of €48 plus €2.20 reminder cost by 27 October 2021 and if I do not pay these amounts, the CallYa card (which was supposed to have been cancelled anyway) will be blocked and a ridiculous €75 charge will incur. 

Please provide me with a favourable solution to the above issues. Surely that as a customer I should not be charged for services that are not used? Besides, €50.20 is a lot of money.

Thank you in advance.

Edit: Removed call number and attachment.

1 Akzeptierte Lösung

Akzeptierte Lösungen
NeNa
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello @G_Nikki,

please send me the phone number and customer password of the CallYa card via PN.

Then I'll see how I can best help you. We will certainly find a solution.Smiley (fröhlich)

Best regards, NeNa

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!
 Unaufgeforderte PNs werden nicht beantwortet - Bitte erstellt einen Thread. Die Community hilft!

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

6 Antworten 6
reneromann
SuperUser
SuperUser

If those 20 € are charged every 4 weeks, it may be that someone opted for the CallYa Digital tariff plan.

This tariff plan includes automatic renewal every 4 weeks if not cancelled - no matter if it's used within those 4 weeks or not.

And in that case, you'd have to pay obviously for all the times the tariff plan is active - meaning 20 € per 4 weeks until the cancellation gets effective. So if you wrote the cancellation right now, it'll become effective at the end of October but you'll have to pay until that day. Same for any costs incurred with blocking and any chargeback.

Thank you for your response. I did not realise that I signed up for a CallYa Digital Plan as there was no other option available.

I cancelled the above-mentioned CallYa mobile number on 30 September 2021 as evidenced in the attachment in my original message. What happens then to this cancellation?

And what should I do now? If I pay €50.20 within the next few days, will you guarantee that no more fees will incur afterwards and will there be any sort of refund for the unused GB?

I am a long time loyal of yours for nearly a decade! This is an honest mistake in which I did not realise that I must cancel the Plan to avoid automatic charges to my bank account.

@G_Nikki  schrieb:

Thank you for your response. I did not realise that I signed up for a CallYa Digital Plan as there was no other option available.

In that case, you'd have to pay for the time the plan is active...

@G_Nikki  schrieb:

I cancelled the above-mentioned CallYa mobile number on 30 September 2021 as evidenced in the attachment in my original message. What happens then to this cancellation?

It'll get active once the currently active time of the plan runs out - so that means those 4 weeks from the CallYa digital plan. But you'll obviously have to pay until that date...

@G_Nikki  schrieb:

And what should I do now? If I pay €50.20 within the next few days, will you guarantee that no more fees will incur afterwards and will there be any sort of refund for the unused GB?

As I'm also just a customer, I cannot guarantee you anything.

Anyhow - you have to pay any fees for the time that the option was active - meaning 20 € per 4 weeks that the tariff plan was active. Additional charges may be for any chargeback that you did and/or for additional costs incurred with reaching out for you to pay the outstanding fees.

And there won't be any sort of refund for any unused GB (or minutes / messages) - they are void after the 4 weeks have passed, no matter if you use them or not.

@G_Nikki  schrieb:

I am a long time loyal of yours for nearly a decade! This is an honest mistake in which I did not realise that I must cancel the Plan to avoid automatic charges to my bank account.

Even if it's an honest mistake - this is explicitly written in the statements for the CallYa digital tariff plan...

While I highly appreciate a fellow customer responding to my inquiries, will there be somebody from Vodafone who will officially respond to/provide client support to me?

NeNa

Hello @G_Nikki,

please send me the phone number and customer password of the CallYa card via PN.

Then I'll see how I can best help you. We will certainly find a solution.Smiley (fröhlich)

Best regards, NeNa

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!
 Unaufgeforderte PNs werden nicht beantwortet - Bitte erstellt einen Thread. Die Community hilft!
G_Nikki
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hello NeNa, I sent you a PN today. Looking forward to receiving your response.