Terrible Internet Connection
sbtauseef
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hello,

I live in Erlangen. I have been getting very bad internet connection over the last 3 weeks - like getting disconnected from internet or speed too slow.

The latest happened just minutes ago. The speedtest during that faulty time https://www.speedtest.net/result/a/5622948428.

When I face the problem, I see the Internet light in the cable router is blinking.

Most of the time I have to restart my cable router. I have been doing this almost twice everyday.

I have:

Red Internet & Phone 100 Cable

Cable Router

1 Akzeptierte Lösung

Akzeptierte Lösungen
Manu
Ex-Moderator:in

Hi sbtauseef,

I´m glad to hear, that everything works fine now. So I will close the thread. If there are any issues in the future, sign in again.

Best Regards, Manu

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

14 Antworten 14
Claudia

Hello sbtauseef,

please send me your details (customer number, full address and date of birth) via PM, so I can check your access. Answer here again after you sent the PM.

Kind regards.

Claudia

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!

Hello,

I have sent you a PM.

Claudia

Hello sbtauseef,

unfortunately, there is no English speaking hotline. I only need your address to check your connection. Please reply here again after sending it via PM.

Kind regards,

Claudia

Hello,

I have sent my address via PM.

Claudia

Hello sbtauseef,

thank you. Last week and yesterday there was a problem with the reachability that seemingly happened at the same time in the afternoon each day. Judging from the signal there is no apparant reason for these errors. Is the router connected to a clock timer or something similar? Is the speed only slow when the disconnections happen?

Kind regards

Claudia

Hello,

No, it is not connected to any timer. It was really going great until 3 weeks ago. I didnt change anything, not even repositiong the router. Just suddenly this started to happen. 

One thing I saw is when the connection is really poor, I couldnt even login in the router ! That is really strange. I tried both wired and wireless just to login in to the router, but couldn't. After restarting, everything was working fine, including the login.

BR,

Tauseef.

pRo-Marco

Hi sbtauseef,

the signal is good, so we should replace the router, okay?

Kind regards

Marco

Hi,

Yes, it is OK for me.

BR,

Tauseef.

pRo-Marco

Hi sbtauseef,

the new modem will be on its way to you shortly. You can exchange it directly. It logs on alone. You can then send the old router back to us within 14 days free of charge with the return note.

Kind regards

Marco