RE: slow LAN internet speed although I am paying for Red Internet & phone 200 Cable
TAkiyama
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi There,

Having really slow internet LAN speed although I am paying for the Red Internet & Phone 200 Cable service. The router I am renting from Vodafone is the Fritz! Box 6490 Cable box. I have a picture of a speed test I did last night.SpeedTest.jpg

Would you be able to test the box from your end and let me know if it needs to be replaced or updated? Or please advise as the speed should be higher. Thank you.

regards,

Tomo 

1 Akzeptierte Lösung

Akzeptierte Lösungen

Hi Moni,

The technicians arrived around 11am and established that the Fritz!Box was not working properly.  They replaced it with a new box and the speed is really good.  All is fixed.

Thank you.

regards,

Tomo

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

18 Antworten 18
Moni_GK
Administrator:in
Administrator:in

Hello TAkiyama,

did you do the speed test via LAN or WLAN?

Are the values always too low or only at certain times of the day?

Best regards

Moni

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!
 Unaufgeforderte PNs werden nicht beantwortet - Bitte erstellt einen Thread. Die Community hilft!

Hi Moni,

The image I attached to my original email was done via LAN as I had written (CAT5 ethernet cable directly to my laptop).  The test was done at 22:30 last night.  I tested the speed again tonight at 21:00 and it was slight better (see image imediately below).

SpeedTest2.jpg

But it's far from 200mbits I am paying for.

I also did the same test on my iphone for wireless connection and got this (image below).

speedtest_iphone.jpgas you can see, speed on the iphone is a lot slower.  So overall, I am not getting what I am paying for.

Is there a way you can remotely check my Fritz!Box 6490 Cable router box and test it?

cheers,

Tomo

Hi Moni,

Will you or any of your colleagues be able to help me with this issue?

cheers,

Tomo

Tobias
Ex-Moderator:in

Hey,

I can have a look at the connection 🙂 Do you send me your customer data (customer number, name, address and date of birth of the contract owner) via private message?

Please let me know in the article when you have sent me the data.

Regards

Tobias

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!
TAkiyama
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi Tobias,

I sent you a private message with the personal info requested.  I look forward to hearing back from you with the details from the connection test.

cheers,

Tomo

ERFD

Hello TAkiyama,

the SNR on all downstream frequencies is not in standard and generate errors. With the neighbours in the house it fits. Can you please check the cabling and plug connections to the modem for errors and strength? Otherwise we have to send a technician. The dates are 8-11, 11-14, 14-17 and 17-20 o'clock.

Best regards Fred

TAkiyama
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi Fred,

All cable connections to the Fritz!Box are secure and tight.  Please send the technician to check connections as the internet speed has been very poor every day.

Please confirm the date and time that the technician will come so I can make sure to be home at that moment.

Thank you.

Tomo

ERFD

ello TAkiyama,

you can choose the date 😉 In the morning, at noon or in the evening.

Best regards Fred

TAkiyama
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi Fred,

Would we be able to set a date for next week?  Like Monday or Tuesday, September 16 or 17th?  In the morning?  It would be great to get this fixed soon.

cheers,

Tomo