Internet far too slow
meesterlars
Digitalisierer
Digitalisierer

Good day, VF

My internet performance (which should be 100Mb), rarely achieves 20Mb down. This has been the case for about a week; youtube, netflix, mediathek... they all take longer than usual to load and often buffer like it's 2001.

I am typically connected over WLAN, which can happily saturate 100Mb but, for troubleshooting purposes, have also tested speeds over cable - currently 14.5Mb up and down. This is terrible.

Performing a VF speedtest, I see that VF measure 100Mb at my modem... so be it. The reality is definitely otherwise.

I ask that someone please reset my line, check the area for performance bottlenecks, something, anything. 14Mb is almost unusable these days.

Thanks so much.

9 Antworten 9
Manu
Ex-Moderator:in

Hi meesterlars,

I checked your connection, we had the customer number from an older post.

Everything is fine, no load, no signal fluctuations. The values are all perfect.

Do you have the impairment always or only at certain times of the day?

Best Regards, Manu

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Hi, Manu

Ja, I knew your tests would not show any anomolies. Yesterday I worked from home and could not download faster than 2MB/s. I should peak around 12. As I'm mostly only home in the evenings and early mornings, I can't exactly say if low performance is time-dependent. I can say, though, that not once in the past weeks have I been able to get close to 100Mb.  : (

Wallace

Hi Lars,

Your connection must be checked by a technician on site, as increased error rates occur at this point. Do you agree with a technician and can you provide access to the house system?

Regards

Wallace

meesterlars
Digitalisierer
Digitalisierer
Hey, Wallace

That would be great. Sure, I can get access to the building's connection in the cellar.
Just let me know when and I'll make sure I have that prepared.

Thanks! 😄
Manu

Hi  meesterlars,

I hired the technician. The colleagues contact you by phone and arrange an appointment.

Then please contact us again and report whether things have improved.

Best Regards, Manu

Hi there

So, technician came around this morning and replaced the demultiplexer (I think that's what it is). He said he was unable to detect any abnormalities on my line.

I mentioned that performance tends to be worse in the evenings, to which he suggested there's little a technician can do about; it's a capacity problem at Vodafone. He also said capacity was already at 51% which, considering it was around 11 in the morning, is pretty high.

So, over the course of the next week or so I will continue to test my connection. If I am unable to achieve 100Mb, then VF needs to up capacity in my area.

Thanks for sending the technician.  ; )

Claudia

Hello meesterlars,

did you have time to test your connection? If so, what where the results?

Kind regards,

Claudia

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!

Hey, Claudia

So far, so good. I'll report back again next week.   ; )

Claudia

Hello meesterlars,

alright, I will wait for your feedback :).

Kind regards,

Claudia

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!