Internet Service fluctuation
Etoma
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

I use Vodafone cable internet services under the tariff:  Red Internet & Phone 100 Cable.

Since the last engineer changed the data/tv transmitter embedded on the wall last month. My internet has been unstable. I lose connection from time to time and then it reconnects again.

Can you help fix this quickly. I am taking an online course and this is affecting my classes.

Regards

1 Akzeptierte Lösung

Akzeptierte Lösungen
Martin59
Moderator:in
Moderator:in

Hi Etoma,

Glad to hear it's working properly again.

Please mark one more solution here, then we will close the article.

Best regards Martin

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

13 Antworten 13
Etoma
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Can you send an Engineer to run a speed test on my device?

I will need a proper check done. The problem is still there. 

The data transmitter the Vodafone Engineer used was the one another vodafone engineer removed some months back because of slow speed and drops in connection, I expected him to replace with a new one but that didn't happen. I believe this is why i am having this problem.

ERFD
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello Etoma,

are the restrictions permanent? What is the result of the speed test? Are the LAN and WLAN tests identical?

Best regards Fred

Etoma
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

I still await the vodafone engineer to check the problem and run a speed test. Can i do this myself?

If yes, then please assist with a guide to do this.

Can vodafone support also check current speed or performance of my modem from their monitor too? I believe they can check this too.

Etoma
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi,

At this point, i need an Engineer to come and resolve this problem quickly. It is affecting my home office work. The connection is flapping (connecting and disconnecting). 

Let me know if an Engineer will come in tomorrow or next tomorrow so i can work from home.

Thanks

ERFD

Hello Etoma,

you're welcome to do the speed test here. Otherwise you can try any other test from the internet. Of course only via LAN at the modem.

We can send the technician directly, for this we need your customer number, address and your date of birth by private message. The technician costs 99.50 Euro should be the cause of your equipment.

Best regards Fred

Etoma
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi,

I have sent you a private message. 

Why is vodafone charging me 99.5 Euro for this service?

Regards

Etoma
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi 

Right now, my home wifi has been down for 1hr mins. The modem has been restarted but issue remains unresolved. I will really appreciate a permanent solution as soon as possible.

Regards 

ERFD

Hello Etoma,

the service costs 99,50 Euro, as I sent you, if the cause is your devices. Otherwise the service costs nothing. I ordered the technician. The colleague will come by tomorrow afternoon between 14-17 o'clock. Please make sure that the technician comes to all necessary premises. Also in the cellar.

Best regards Fred

Etoma
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Thanks for your assistance. I look forward to meet the technician tomorrow