abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

High Packet Loss
Pindulfo
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi,
I have an Internet & Phone 1000 Cable plan, and I'm seeing a high packet loss with occassional Router restarts (around once a day).
I can't really tell when the problem started, but at least more than a month ago.

- The Router is a TG3442DE (leased from Vodafone), in BridgeMode.
- Local LAN traffic is Ok (0%).
- I can reproduce the >1% packet loss when connecting directly to the router.
- All test have been done on cabled devices. (no WLAN).

Please, I would need some advise on technical solutions or on a better ISP. Thanks!

Metrics:
Vodafone.de: https://pasteboard.co/IxXCCaI.png
Google.com: https://pasteboard.co/IxXClQY.png

LAN: (local traffic) https://pasteboard.co/IxXCN9N.png

11 Antworten 11
Tobias
Ex-Moderator:in

Hey,

I can have a look at the connection 🙂 Do you send me your customer data (customer number, name, address and date of birth of the contract owner) via private message?

Please let me know in the article when you have sent me the data.

Regards

Tobias

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!
Pindulfo
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Thank you for your answer. I've just shared my data via private message.

Tobias

Hey,

there's something wrong with your connection, i'm passing it on internally so colleagues can take care of you.

Regards

Tobias

Pindulfo
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Thank you for creating the support ticket.

They said that:
"Wir haben Ihren Anschluss geprüft. Er ist von einer Netzstörung betroffen. Die Entstörung läuft bereits. Einen Techniker-Termin bei Ihnen brauchen wir dazu nicht. Den haben wir storniert."
And a few hours later they closed the support ticket.

So... as I understand: There's a problem on Vodafone network, not on my side. Yet the problem still persist and I don't have any timeline or response on wether you're taking any action on your part.
google-latency-2.png

I need to know if Vodafone is working on this problem, what timeline i can expect to get a stable connection. Until then:
* I have to request a partial refund on my monthly bill, since the internet connection quality doesn't meet the minimum QoS. Streaming and VoIP is severly affected and connection is interrupted frequently.
* If the problem persist I'll have to cancel the contract without incurring into any penalty, since Vodafone would be in violation of the agreement.

Thanks

Claudia

Hello Pindulfo,

the task was closed automatically when the faulty signal didn't occur anymore. Another modem in the building has a really bad signal which might interfere with your connection, I think sending a technician would be a good idea here.

Kind regards

Claudia

Hi Claudia,

Thank you for your answer.

The "faulty signal" is still ocurring, evidently. 
They said they won't send a technician... what should I do?

Claudia

Hello Pindulfo,

I checked your access and the signal again, now the faulty signal, which is a disrupter in the return path, is quite heavy. So I have to revoke my statement, this must be checked by a net technician. I made another task for that.

Kind regards,

Claudia

Hey Claudia,
Thank you for opening a new ticket. Unfortunately it was rejected and closed again.
"Wir haben Ihren Anschluss geprüft. Er ist von einer Netzstörung betroffen. Die Entstörung läuft bereits. Einen Techniker-Termin bei Ihnen brauchen wir dazu nicht. Den haben wir storniert."

So... now there's two problems:
* The low quality connection.
* Vodafone refuses to provide support.

Would you please figure out whether I need a technician or not, and if not, when will this problem be solved?

Thank you!

Claudia

Hello Pindulfo,

I checked this, again the ticket was closed by an automated system. To clarify this, the message you get stating that a technician is cancelled is a standard text. As the problem lies within the net a technician at your access wouldn't help. We can only keep making tasks for the disrupter until it is found and resolved. Unfortunately right now it is unclear what the source for the disrupter is, so I can't tell you when it will work as usual.

Kind regards,

Claudia