abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

(ENGLISH) High ping and very slow internet every evening
stackoverflw
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Dear Vodafone support,

For the past 2 weeks, every evening, from around 18:00 to 01:30 my internet speed decreases below 10 Mbps (not even 1% of the booked tariff) while I have recently changed from 100 to the Red Internet & Phone 1000 Cable connection and I didn't have the issue in the very few days on the new contract. I've tried on my own everything possible to fix this (router restart, double-check the cables, tried in different devices, phone, mac, tried LAN and WiFi, disconnected every single device but the PC) but couldn't solve this issue.

I play online games and rely on a good quality connection for off-hours duty at my home office work and every evening my ping goes to 300 ms from normally 20-30 ms. It's very frustrating and bad to the point that it is preventing me from doing my job properly. If this is not going to be fixed soon I'm planning on changing my ISP.

I hope someone can help me.

Here are the details:

Which contract do you have? -  Red Internet & Phone 1000 Cable

Do you use a loaned device from us or do you have your own device ? - Loan device

What is the error? - Very slow Internet / High Ping, Second screenshot is attached.

How is your terminal connected to the modem? - LAN and WLAN, same problem.

Which operating system do you have on your computer? - Windows 10

Start and period of the disruption - Since December 27, 2020, every evening.

Upload a screenshot of the signal values. You can find this in the user interface of your cable router via  192.168.0.1 or via 192.168.178.1 on the Fritzbox.

In which state do you live? - Berlin 14199

I am looking forward to your support on how to proceed here.

Thanks and have a nice evening!

11 Antworten 11
stackoverflw
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

I am adding the DOCSIS router info attached in this message.

stackoverflw
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Dropping a reply to confirm that the problem still exists and continues to happen consistently every night, including the 3 previous days since my first post - not even 10% of my contracted speed is available.

I am looking forward to a Vodafone member reply and support me soon!

Thanks!

Jens
Moderator:in

Hello stackoverflw,

let's have a look at the connection. Let me know for this your private data in a pm.

Regards

Jens

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Hi @Jens , I have shared with you my personal details via PM.

Best,

The problem continues to happen today, I am currently having less than 1% of my contracted speed(7Mbit/s)  and a very high ping (188ms). A screenshot of the speed test result is attached.

I am looking forward to your reply. 

Best,

Wallace
Ex-Moderator:in
Ex-Moderator:in

Hi,

Currently, an interferer is radiating into our network, resulting in a greatly reduced bandwidth. Our technicians are already in the process of removing the interference and if they were successful, you will receive an SMS from us.

Regards

Wallace

Hi @Wallace, thanks for your reply and assistance on my case. I would like to inform you that I've got a message from Vodafone with my ticket number on 13/01 and I've been tracking it since then. Last evening the ticket was marked as completed and closed but the problem still persists. By now,  I am more than a month without receiving barely 1% of my contracted speed of 1000Mbits. The internet is constantly under 100Mbits  for the whole day and in the evenings it gets worse and stays below 10Mbits.

Could you please kindly support me further with this? If Vodafone is not able to deliver the contracted speed of 1000Mbits/s I would like to be reimbursed accordingly, proportionally, and retroactively because, again, most of the time I am receiving barely 1% of what I am paying for.

I would like also to confirm with you if this is a problem that can actually be solved because I really rely on my internet connection for work and this is severely impacting my job. If there is not a timeline for an effective fix from Vodafone I will be pursuing my rights to proceed with termination with cause and reimbursement.

I appreciate your support on this matter and I am looking forward to your answer.

Martin59

Hello stackoverflw,

the return path interferer has been removed, therefore the order could also be completed.

However, we have an increased load in the upload, which affects the speeds.

I have created a new job for this so that you can be informed about the completion there as well.

Best regards, Martin

Hi @Martin59  thank you for your reply and for the updated ticket.

I have received the following message from Vodafone:

Liebe(r) stackoverflw, Sie haben Einschränkungen Ihrer Internet-Verbindung gemeldet. Das tut uns leid. Wir wollen Ihr Problem so schnell wie möglich lösen. Das geht aber nur mit weiteren baulichen Maßnahmen. Ohne können wir die Einschränkungen nicht beheben. In wenigen Monaten ist alles erledigt. Ihr Störticket finden Sie jederzeit auf: https://kabel.vodafone.de/t/STSytoNWpQXvxxh6WQq9Ng9QEGfw6to_KfVQVdAZOrE. Freundliche Grüße Ihr Vodafone-Team

Considering that I am already more than a month without my contractual speed, could you please apply a discount on my future bills for the next "few months", as stated in the SMS message I received, while you fix the problem? I can't simply pay for a service that I am not receiving. A backward credit for the past month would also be great.

I am looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,