abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

DSL Internet very unstable
Wurtz
Digitalisierer
Digitalisierer

Entschuldigung, aber meine Deutsche ist nicht gut, Englisch ist veil besser.

The problem is that since few days my Internet connection goes up and down dozens times a day. I think this behavior started 1 month ago, because I had similar problem few weeks ago, but lately it's been really bad - in example I have connection for 1 hour but then it goes down and it's not working for few minutes or sometimes even few hours. On some days it can go up and down even 15 times, but it's rather irregular. If I'm lucky it goes up, but usually just to go down again after a short while.

I have EasyBox 804, but I don't think it's the issue, because I'm using it via cable (so not only wifi). I've tried unplugging the router but it never helps. On router top all lights are usually green, but sometimes when there is a connection problem the Internet light is red.

I've tried calling Vodafone hotline, but it's been somewhat hard to communicate with my broken Deutsch and maybe 10% of assistans were eager to speak English.

18 Antworten 18
Jens-K
Ex-Moderator:in

Hi Wurtz,

you are using a DSL connection, not cable.

Use the link I mentioned above and chose DSL.

Regarsd,

Jens

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!
Wurtz
Digitalisierer
Digitalisierer

I've been there before, it's useless, it says it's all fine with DSL, but it's not. And calling anyone on the phone is not an option for me.

Can anyone tell me why it has gotten so bad this year?

In 2016-2017 I don't remember having much problems with Internet, but this year it's terrible. In last few weeks, on almost every weekend and every evening I get massive amounts of disconnects and sometimes it goes like this whole day (i.e. today).

Is it because you've acquired more customers than your infrastracture in my area can handle? Given that I live in Berlin and I have these problems mostly at peak times overloaded capacity due to nasty overselling practices seems like the only logical explanation.

Andre

Hello Wurtz,

Jens-K has recieved your PM and will answer it as soon as possible.
This is not an capacity issue - this is most likely an indivual configuration problem.

Therefore we need to open incident ticket. My colleague will do so and you will recieve an notfication via sms.

Best regards,
Andre

Wurtz
Digitalisierer
Digitalisierer

Ok, I have the ticket since 14:05 and I'm still waiting. So far no success...

Can I get a refund for all those days my Internet wasn't working properly? Or free mobile data which I'm currently spending as alternative (I have a separate CallYa contract)? Today longest non-interrupted working time of DSL was around 20 minutes, so you can count that out.

Kira

Hi Wurtz,

a refund depends on the duration of interruption. A twenty-minutes interruption for example is annoying, but your account is basically utilizable.  

I´m sorry that your ticket has´nt been resolved yet.

We´re working on it. Please be patient, we get in touch with you as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

Kira

Wurtz
Digitalisierer
Digitalisierer

Hi Kira,

Please read carefully - twenty-minutes of non-interrupted working time, which means for whole rest of the day it was not working and these twenty-minutes was the only time when it was working. Plus all days in the past, I'm not counting it, but I'm sure you can see in the system logs how many times I've lost my connection.

Apart from this issue I discovered I also have an issue with the router (disconnects when I upload, created a separate thread for that), but at this point I'm not sure that if these issues are related. Might appear that the router itself is causing all these problems, but in the past it was not the case, so doesn't hurt to check on Vodafone side as well.

Kira

Hi Wurtz,

I´m sorry for the misunderstanding.

Your line is stable since 12 hours without any interruption, can you agree with that?

Best regards

Kira

Wurtz
Digitalisierer
Digitalisierer

It was stable for most of the day, but it disconnected me yesterday in the evening. My ticket was reopened twice already and each time technicians didn't find anything, so looks like the router is faulty. Will continue in this thread: https://forum.vodafone.de/t5/St%C3%B6rungsmeldungen-Internet-TV/EasyBox-804-disconnects-on-upload/m-...

Kira

Hi Wurtz,

OK, then I close this thread.

BR

Kira