Connection drop during skype/whatsapp calls
aravindh_m
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi,

I apologies for not speaking German. I can however translate any German replies, so please feel to write in whichever language you prefer.

I am a new Vodafone cable internet customer in Berlin. I have the Red Internet & Phone 1000 Cable package. I am trying to use Skype/WhatsApp voice calls. When using either of these services the wifi connection to my Fritzbox router disconnects every few seconds making a continuous call infeasible. I am using the phone app in both cases. Skype and WhatsApp are not the problem here as the same call works perfectly fine over my mobile 4G connection. My phone is also not a problem as the Wifi connection works perfectly fine when watching Netflix/Youtube.

Please let me know what information you may require to help diagnose the problem. The information I have so far is that speedtest results show a download speed between 50 - 184 Mbits per second (<< 1000 Mbits per second 😞 ). Latency to speedtest.net's server is 9-10 milliseconds.

27 Antworten 27
aravindh_m
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi Fred,

Thank you for your reply. The Aires specs are pretty good. My only hope then is that the beamforming feature of the nest router would help. Maybe.

It may be mobile specific as my guest's mobile phone worked fine with my wifi. At the same time, my phone works fine with other wifi's at work. Complicated. My phone is a Motorola G5S plus.

Best Wishes,

Aravindh

ERFD
Ex-Moderator:in
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello aravindh_m,

all mobile devices in your household behave like this via WLAN. Maybe something is wrong with the router.

Best regards Fred

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!
aravindh_m
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi Fred,

A Nexus 5 mobile device worked fine with my WLAN. WhatsApp calls were happening uninterrupted.

It may be some incompatability between my mobile device (Motorolla G5S plus) and the router. Hence, I am considering a third party router as a last resort.

Best Wishes,

Aravindh

Moni_GK
Moderator:in

Hello VilleH,

the technician is assigned. The colleague comes on Wednesday 17.06.2020 from 08 - 11 o'clock. Please clarify the access with the caretaker.

Kind regards

Moni

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!

Hi @Moni_GK  , I think you intended to post on a different thread.

Best Wishes,

Aravindh

Moni_GK

Hello aravindh_m,

I'm sorry, I've really made a mistake.

If only one device is having trouble with the router, it may unfortunately also be the mobile phone. An incompatibility of our device with Motorola is not known.

Kind regards

Moni

Hi,

I have been using the Nest router for around 3 weeks now. I am happy to report that there are no more connection drops when doing WhatsApp calls. The connection reliability when doing video calls from my laptop has also improved.

Because of the Covid-19 situation, I am not able to receive any technician to check on the equipment.

Best Wishes,

Aravindh

Moni_GK

Hello aravindh_m,

when the faults are no longer there, the technician need not come.

Best regards

Moni