Menu Toggle

Aktuelle Eilmeldung

BEHOBEN!!!Mobilfunk: Für betroffene Kunden, kann es bei der Nutzung der MeinVodafone-APP zu Einschränkungen kommen. 

Nähere Infos dazu findest Du im Eilmeldungsboard

Close announcement

Archiv_Mobilfunk

Siehe neueste
Vodafone updates app - android
Highlighted
Forum-Checker

Please help. I bought a new phone online (not your shop) that has your branding.
It has a "Vodafone updates" app that cannot be disabled unless I root the phone which causes loss of warranty.
I need to remove it otherwise it is infringing all privacy as it has ultimate access to everything and sensitive log data.
If not will have to explain to the community of android as this is unfair and being forced on me while I am not with Vodafone. I live in Ireland too.
Best wishes

Mehr anzeigen
3 Antworten 3
Highlighted
IOT-Inspector
Good day. When the mobile phone has a Vodafone branding you can just use it with Vodafone. Which mobile do you have? Maybe that makes it easier Smiley (fröhlich)
Regards
Nik
Fachinformatiker für Systemintegration

Hinweis: Ich bin kein Mitarbeiter von Vodafone. Für die Richtigkeit meiner Antworten übernehme ich keine Haftung.

„Dankbar sein bricht niemandem ein Bein.“ Du zeigst Anderen durch dein „Danke“, wenn eine gute Lösung gefunden wurde Smiley (fröhlich)
Mehr anzeigen
Highlighted
Giga-Genie

@tatta_z schrieb:

If not will have to explain to the community of android as this is unfair and being forced on me while I am not with Vodafone. I live in Ireland too.

But you bought a mobile that originally was issued for the use with Vodafone Germany (where this app is installed as a standard on phones for the German market), so where precisely do you feel treated unfair?  I don't really get it...

@Niklas_Ulrich schrieb:
When the mobile phone has a Vodafone branding you can just use it with Vodafone.

This is completely untrue.  A simple branding does not obstruct the use of the phone in other networks.

Ein Klick auf "Danke" tut nicht weh - ich sage schon mal "Dankeschee!"

Achtung, es folgt eine Signatur: Wenn überhaupt, dann jammern wir auf einem extrem hohen Niveau.

Mehr anzeigen
Highlighted
Forum-Checker

Hello guys,

I bought it on ebay ireland (yes was on Irish ebay, didn't go on a German website for that Smiley (fröhlich) ), and was delivered from Germany. I can return it of course, but unfair for seller as it was a good deal.

So yes can be used on any network. It is just a branding, but the app comes with it and there are many permissions as you can see attached. Don't want to root phone to disable..... any other way.... sorry 

App name: vodafone updates

Mehr anzeigen