abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

No english support
sirakos
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Can vodafone please ensure that when English speaking customers call through for support, someone is able to help? I am new to Germany, and learning german, but it is unreasonable to expect that every customer has perfect german when calling Vodafone (which is a company headquartered in the UK).

How do I get in touch with a kabel support staff member who is kind enough to help me in English? I've been hung up on multiple times when calling hte call centre when I simply ask "Kann ich bitte mit jemandem sprechen, der Englisch spricht?"        beeep beeep beeep.     and they hang up.

7 Antworten 7
Grit
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello sirakos,

i can understand your anger, but you should keep in mind that you want to contact Vodafone Germany. Here the official language is German. Of course there are employees who speak English. However, nobody can guarantee that you will get it on the phone when you call the hotline.

You can contact Vodafone here, in English. We are employees of the company. What is this about or how can we help you?

Regards

Grit

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!
fotoramic
Digitalisierer
Digitalisierer
Well the problem is that the person is even asking the question in German , so it’s just rude from Vodafone’s side to drop the phone, and it’s been the same for me, but I even tried to speak German and just used some English words and they still hanged up ...

@sirakos

@fotoramic

Please name me a german speaking hotline in the USA or GB.

Just one.

Thank you.

fotoramic
Digitalisierer
Digitalisierer
@RalphM

In Norway, Latvia, Spain, and a huge amount of other countries Vodafone speaks English or at least tries to explain in English, in Germany they just hang up, I’m not speaking about a situation when I’m not speaking in German because of a principle, in this situation I just didn’t know couple words in German and they hang up, and @sirakos is new to Germany so it’s possible to don’t have the knowledge of technical German language. So the problem is with Vodafone in Germany
English is international language and is being teached in schools so they’re not speaking and dropping just because of some dumb reason...
And other normal company’s have a possibility to at least try to help in English, I don’t need a perfect English, most of the times I’m even ok if the person speaks 50/50 German and English but hanging up phone when person needs help is just a bad attitude and that’s all 🙂

@fotoramic

I see your point. Do they offer english speaking services officially?

Vodafone Germany does offer their services for german speaking customers. Their website is in german. There is no "also in english". And maybe there is no high demand for an english speaking service.

It could be, that the call center agent was from Berlin, and simply did not want to take care of the hassle of communicating in a foreign language.Smiley (zwinkernd)

Or much more simple: he does not speak english.

But finally you will get help from Vodafone staff here.

fotoramic
Digitalisierer
Digitalisierer
@RalphM
No they don’t and that one of the problems , as I said , in other country’s they are trying to offer support in English even if they don’t have it officially, and if we are speaking about Germany, huge amount of different company’s that doesn’t have official English support, can still help in English.
So we can still hope that they’ll get better with time, it’s not an obligation, but it’s just really nice from an international company to speak English 🙂

But yeah probably we both just got some bad agents and that’s all 🙂
And @sirakos, you should really try in here, you’ll have to wait some time, but so far I’ve got my answers here in English, and the people has been pretty nice, from what I’ve seen 🙂
Tina

Hello siakos,

my colleague Grit has already offered to help you. Are you interested to tell us your request?

Kind regards

Tina

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!