abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Ich muss Deutschland rausen und mein Vertrag kundigen
MichelleEscobar
Daten-Fan
Daten-Fan

Several days ago I sent a letter requesting to cancel my internet contract because I am moving overseas to Australia at the end of this month. Today I received an email with a letter entitled Fehlender Nachweis requesting my new residential contract.

Since I am still in Germany for a month until my Australian student visa is issued I still do not have a new residential contract in Melbourne, Australia. In the meantime I am staying at friends houses until my visa is approved. I am hereby sending prood of my start of studies in Australia on July 29 and visa application process. Is this enough to cancel the contract?

Edit: Removed personal details

1 Antwort 1
reneromann
SuperUser
SuperUser

At first, please don't post personal details in public.

Second: No, the application will mostly not be sufficient. There needs to be an official proof, e.g. the letter of deregistration ("Abmeldebescheinigung") that you get from your local officials / town hall after deregistering from Germany.

And Third:

If you sent your cancellation request in time, you now have enough time to get the needed documents. Your cancellation will in either way be effective 3 months after your movement date/deregistration date, not earlier. So if you leave Germany on August 1st, you'll have to pay for August, September and October in accordance to the Telecommunications laws.