Archiv_Internet-Telefon-TV-über-Kabel

Very Slow Internet Connection [English]
GELÖST
Gehe zu Lösung
Highlighted
Netzwerkforscher

Hi to all,

First of all, as I could read here, I see that I am not the only case. But recently I am really frustrated and want to sort this out as soon as possible.

I live in Berlin, 13347 and have Vodafone Kabel 32mbit tariff since September. At first, I had speed problems only evenings around 7-11 pm. While rest of the day I've got up to 32 mbit bandwith, during these rush hours I could get only 1-2 mbit bandwith and sometimes even less than 1mbit. About a month ago, I called Vodafone Customer Service and tried to explain this issue with my basic German knowledge. As far as I could understand from Vodafone customer representative on the phone, the infrastructure in my area has an overloaded capacity and there is an ongoing segmentation procedure and estimated time to be completed is December 15.

All was good so far. However, in last 2 - 3 weeks this slowdown happens almost every hour of day. Most of the time I have only 1-2 Mbit which allows me to do almost nothing and frustrates a lot. I do not really understand how Vodafone let people to subscribe a service without warning them against what they can experience in real. And similarly I do not understand the idea behind paying a service which I can not get properly. I have no more patience left and if this problem continues more I want to take my cancellation right into account and change my service to DSL probably. 

Thank you for your answers in advance.

Mehr anzeigen
1 Akzeptierte Lösung

Akzeptierte Lösungen
Moderatorin

Hello ayberk,

the reason for your slow bandwidth is the said capacity overload, which often already occurs before noon. Unfortunately, all we can do from the technical side is wait, as the segmentation needs to be completed to increase the speed. I can offer you a little consolation for this month and the next, so you don't have to pay the full charge at least. Do you agree with that?

Kind regards,

Claudia

Alles Easy How To Hilfe !
Mehr anzeigen
26 Antworten 26
Moderatorin

Hello ayberk,

I'm sorry that you experience such a low bandwidth at the moment. I would like to have a look at your access at first, so please send me a private message that contains both your customer ID and your address. Please write a short reply after you sent the message.

Kind regards,

Claudia

Mehr anzeigen
Netzwerkforscher

Hi Claudia, 

I have just sent a private message. Thank you.

Mehr anzeigen
Moderatorin

Hello ayberk,

the reason for your slow bandwidth is the said capacity overload, which often already occurs before noon. Unfortunately, all we can do from the technical side is wait, as the segmentation needs to be completed to increase the speed. I can offer you a little consolation for this month and the next, so you don't have to pay the full charge at least. Do you agree with that?

Kind regards,

Claudia

Mehr anzeigen
Netzwerkforscher

Hello Claudia,

In fact, I am not into consolation. Instead, I would like you to offer a DSL subscription if possible. I hope this will work out. Thank you.

Mehr anzeigen
Moderatorin

Hello ayberk,

unfortunately, there is no DSL available at your address. Anyway, the whole installation process would propably take longer than the scheduled extension.

Kind regards,

Claudia

Mehr anzeigen
Netzwerkforscher

Hi Claudia,

If DSL is not available at my address, I would like to ask what date my connection returns to normal. If this will take long, I would definitely consider cancel my contract. Thank you.

Mehr anzeigen
Moderatorin

Hello ayberk,

as you wrote in your initial post, the segmentation will presumably be finished by the middle of this month.

Kind regards,

Claudia

Mehr anzeigen
Netzwerkforscher

Hello Claudia,

I think accepting your offer seems like the only option to me. Should I do anything regarding this matter? Thank you for all of your assistance.

Mehr anzeigen
Netzwerkforscher

Be very carefull what they tell you. I have exactly the same problem that my Internet connection (100Mbit ) drops down to 1 - 10 Mbit during "rush hour".

Since Juli vodafone tells me that it will fixed by the end of the month. Now the year is already over and still no change.

Just my 2 cents

Mehr anzeigen