Archiv_Internet-Telefon-TV-über-Kabel

Siehe neueste
KD Hotspot not working
Archivo
Netzwerkforscher
Hello,

Could you check up on the KD hotspot router in my building, it's just not working. I can see it in the list of available wifi networks, and I can connect to it, but it just stays at "limited or no connectivity" there is no internet I cannot even load the kabeldeutschland web site so I can login. It's been this way for over a month. I didn't say a thing because I didn't need it, but if I do, come on I pay for this service and I don't get it.
Mehr anzeigen
11 Antworten 11
pRo-Marco
Hi Archivo,

I checked the modems in your building (i've got your data from your other thread). Beside your own modem, there is only one other, which works without problems.

I think you try to connect to your own hotspot. Both hotspots have the same SSID and your device will connect to the one, which is closer. That will not work. Why do you want to connect to a hotspot, when you are at home?

Kind regards
Marco

Netz-Assistent How To Hilfe !

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!
Unaufgeforderte PNs werden nicht beantwortet - Bitte erstellt einen Thread. Die Community hilft!
#bleibtgesund

Mehr anzeigen
Archivo
Netzwerkforscher
Strange infrastructure you have there, modems with same ssid and only one is displayed in the wifi list of available modems. I use the hotspot connection because with the "good" service you provide I cannot play games while my girlfriend is watching videos online. So until a month ago I used it. But it broke or something I don't know I cannot access the KD login page. I pay for this hotspot access anyways so if you've disabled it I demand the access I pay for.

edit:
BTW how did you check the wifi, If you're not here and try to connect to it? Sometimes the router just hangs, it's visible but you cannot connect or the connectivity is displayed as limited. This is why I don't think I'm trying to connect to my modem because I tried restarting it.

Also every now and then KD stops my internet connection, don't know if it is because of maintenance, but it happens not only during the night, usually even in the morning at 9 am when I'm supposed to use the connection to work. That's another issue probably I'll address it in another thread. You should inform your customers if there is a planned maintenance.
Mehr anzeigen
pRo-Marco
Hi Archivo,

the SSID of our Homespots ist always the same (KD WLAN Hotspot+). There are complications, when you use your own homespot. So it is not recommend to use the homespot-service, when you are at home. That is also not the sense of it.

I can check other modems, like I can check yours.

Please deactivate your Homespot in the customer service center. Then you will have no problems.

Sometimes your modem loses the connection. The reason is a failure on the wy back to the CMTS. We know about this and work on a solution. You will get a message on your mobile, when the work is done.

Kind regards
Marco

Unaufgeforderte PNs werden nicht beantwortet - Bitte erstellt einen Thread. Die Community hilft!
#bleibtgesund

Mehr anzeigen
Archivo
Netzwerkforscher
Marco schrieb:
Hi Archivo,

the SSID of our Homespots ist always the same (KD WLAN Hotspot+). There are complications, when you use your own homespot. So it is not recommend to use the homespot-service, when you are at home. That is also not the sense of it.

I can check other modems, like I can check yours.

Please deactivate your Homespot in the customer service center. Then you will have no problems.

Sometimes your modem loses the connection. The reason is a failure on the wy back to the CMTS. We know about this and work on a solution. You will get a message on your mobile, when the work is done.

Kind regards
Marco

What do you mean to deactivate my homespot in the customer service center? Do you mean to enter the router admin page and deactivate something, or do you want me to remove the service so I don't pay for it? Because I don't want to let go of this service I told you that I would use it if I need it, I go on business trips a lot and to have internet all over Germany is essential.
Mehr anzeigen
pRo-Marco

I think here are some missunderstandings.
Let me try to explain:
Your connection: Modem with private Wifi + Hotspot (KD WLAN Hotspot+)
You can connect your private Hardware to your private Wifi, not to the Hotspot, cuz of incompatibility.
In the customer service center you can deactivate your Hotspot. You will find the option under Mein Kabel > Einstellungen > Interneteinstellungen.
When the spot is gone, you can connect to your private Wifi an to the other hotspot in your building (and also to any other hotspot). Your Hotspot-Flat will stay activated.
Then there will be no complications between your private Wifi and your hotspot.
Kind regards
Marco

#bleibtgesund

Mehr anzeigen
Archivo
Netzwerkforscher
Ok, yes that explains it, thanks I'll deactivate it now.

I cannot deactivate it, there is an error message:

Lieber Kunde ein Fehler ist aufgetreten.

Wir kümmern uns bereits um die Behebung. Sollte diese Meldung länger als zwei Tage sichtbar sein, wenden Sie sich bitte an unsere kostenlose Service Hotline 0800-27 87 000*.

Täglich kostenfrei von 7:30 bis 22 Uhr erreichbar.
Mehr anzeigen
Archivo
Netzwerkforscher
I don't know what you did but now I lost connectivity to my company's VPN...no licenses...no work, good job KD!
Mehr anzeigen
pRo-Marco
Hello Archivo,

we did nothing with your connection. Your router recieves an IP, so everything is fine.

For the error-message in your customer service center, I made a ticket to my colleague in the special division. We will see what's the reason for that.

Kind regards
Marco

#bleibtgesund

Mehr anzeigen
Archivo
Netzwerkforscher
Smiley (überglücklich) if it receives an IP then it works LOL, your logic is incredible.

I don't know what you did or didn't do with my connection but now my dynamicdns (that is my router firmware-built-in dyndns function) account cannot connect the url with the proper IP address, this means that you removed the bypass so my (personal) router no longer gets the real IP. Ergo, I no longer have my team speak server running. Well done!

I'm not currently in Germany, I cannot do anything physically.

Could you please start doing your job properly and get me the service I pay for?

Where can I find more information on how to change the services you provide me?

I want you to remove the cable television because I don't need 300+ channels only in German, and another 300+ which are actually HD versions of the previously mentioned 300+. There is not television where I can watch even the UEFA Champion's League, I'm just speechless! I had to watch the finals via Internet! Then why the hell do I pay for this?

Instead I want better internet with better Download/upload bandwidth. I would demand 50/50 like it is in the countries not so "advanced" as Germany is supposed to be. Since I can't get that and I pay 35-40 euro per month, I would say it'll be enough for your business plan 100 (download)/ 12 (upload). And I truly believe I'll get at least 3 upload out of that. Because now I should have 1 MB upload now, but I get less than 0.3/0.5.

Please if it's not a bit problem to you do something to improve this service I pay for!

An optical cable will be a good start!
Mehr anzeigen