Menu Toggle

Aktuelle Einschränkungen:

Achtung: Aktuelle Phishing-SMS-Welle. Informationen dazu findet Ihr im Beitrag Paket-SMS-Trojaner

BEHOBEN Kabel: Beeinträchtigung Internet Reutlingen und Umgebung

BEHOBEN Kabel: Beeinträchtigung Internet & Phone Lindenberg und Umgebung

Nähere Informationen dazu findet Ihr im Eilmeldungsboard

Close announcement

Archiv_Internet-Telefon-TV-über-Kabel

Siehe neueste

Connection issues (Berlin 10623)

Aleksandr_Bakharev
Smart-Analyzer
Dear KD and Vodafone,

I am already tired of struggling with Technical Support, so just hope that someone can help me here. I am with KD for almost 1 year and already have it at the second apartment (because of no other choice). Sorry for this, but I can only give the worst feedback to both connection quality and customer service. Last two month I have a continious connection issues at home. This is absolutely random and load-independent. Some of my support tickets were just closed, but now I finally got a call from some technical guy. I thought, now this cool guy will just tell me that they fixed everything, but I failed)) He called me when I was at work (15:00 - pretty obvious) and started to say some meaningless statements like I have to connect my end device with cable and make some daily tests. When I asked what to do, he just said: "Just test and call when connection will dissapear". Sorry guys, but I have also to work a little bit. And I already called to support without Internet. They simply told me that they do not see any issues. When I offered to send traceroute (network debugging utility) output of the time when there is no connection, he said, they do not need it. I waited for talking to someone for two month, but simply got a king of ******** on other sideSmiley (fröhlich) Well, I also worked in technical support and know such peopleSmiley (fröhlich) So, I should not blame him, probably... But the resultIt is a deadlock.
Just for information, I am not a guy who complains, but a guy who is ready to help support department to make the good job and solve customer issue. Just need someone who can have a normal constructive dialogue with me in a form that must be standard for such issues - email, and not a useless phone calls. I completely realize, that this issue is non-trivial and ready to wait for solution as long as needed. I hope, someone will respond to me. I completely ready to have this conversation public.
Mehr anzeigen
23 Antworten 23
SebastianSe
Ex-Moderator
Hello Aleksandr Bakharev,

First of all I would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused so far.

Please send me your full name, customer ID and address via a private message. That allows me to check your connection as a first step. Just make sure you check 'Nicht öffentlich antworten' when you reply.

Kind regards,
Sebastian
Alles Easy How To Hilfe !
Mehr anzeigen
SebastianSe
Ex-Moderator

Thank you for the informationen.

Did you already try to get access to certain homepages via their IP? Did it work? For example you can type 173.194.115.47 in your browser. That should direct you to google.

Kind regards,
Sebastian
Mehr anzeigen
SebastianSe
Ex-Moderator
Aleksandr Bakharev schrieb:
Common, Man are you kidding? It is already two days passed. Sure, it worked. But I just got a connection drop at all devices. Called to technical support, but they forwarded me to some consulting company, which takes money for their service. Called back, but after 2 mins talk they just disconnected the call. Sorry for this, but if you unable to say something valuable to me, I do not see any reason to continue this conversation. Thanks for your help.

Hello Aleksandr,

I adjusted your connection slightly. Do you experience an improvement right now? If not I would like to send you a new modem. Are you okay with that?

By the way it is not possible to connect your DSL modem. That will not work.

Kind regards,
Sebastian
Mehr anzeigen
SebastianSe
Ex-Moderator
Hi Sebastian! Unfortunately it looks like there is no sense to wait whole week. Just came home and see that connection is as bad as yesterday. Just for an experiment, connected to my 3G hotspot and everything works stable. With the same laptop. And over WLAN, as you can expect. I see two ways: make a factory reset for my modem and see if it helps. Or just send me a new modem with WiFi access point (which are expected to be single device and for free). So, just let me know, which option makes more sense in your opinion.

I would suggest a factory reset as the next step. If your connection does not improve after that, I can still send you a new modem.

Kind regards,
Sebastian
Mehr anzeigen
SebastianSe
Ex-Moderator
Hi! Can I reliably factory reset it and be sure that it will auto-configure all DSL related settings?

Unfortunately you have to do that on your own.

Kind regards,
Sebastian
Mehr anzeigen
SebastianSe
Ex-Moderator
Do you have some guidelines for this? I never did it before, so it is pretty easy to fail with it.

I recommend you to check chapter 2 of the manual for detailed Information.

Kind regards,
Sebastian

Mehr anzeigen
Aleksandr_Bakharev
Smart-Analyzer
Hi,
Do you have it available online?
Mehr anzeigen
SebastianSe
Ex-Moderator

you can find the manual here. Unfortunately there only is a German version.
Kind regards,
Sebastian

Mehr anzeigen
Aleksandr_Bakharev
Smart-Analyzer

Hi Sebastian,

Finally came to conclusion, what was the issue. Something was wrong with modem. Sebastian, for your information: it DO automatically sets DSL line up after reseting. So, as a piece of advise, for all KD support department - do not afraid to advise factory reset of modem to your customers with strange networking problems. I would underscore "factory reset" and not useless reboot as you usually suggesting. Although network became way better after resetting my modem, it is still lagging on connection estblishment. I would conclude that there is some factory defect in a modem, so I would be grateful if you will send me a new modem. Unfortunately, I can not be more specific with what is exactly wrong with modem and I simply do not have time for further investigation. As soon I will get a new one, can send old back to KD if you wish.

Mehr anzeigen