Menu Toggle

Aktuelle Einschränkungen

• MeinVodafone im Web: Selfservice MeinVodafone im Web Registrierung/Hinzufügen von Verträgen
  • Behoben: Mobil: Es kommt überregional zu Einschränkungen bei Mobilen Daten und Telefonie 2G/3G/4G

Nähere Infos dazu findest Du im Eilmeldungsboard.

Close announcement

Archiv_Internet-Geräte

Siehe neueste

No IPv6 with CH7466CE (English)

GELÖST
Gehe zu Lösung
Highlighted
Smart-Analyzer

Dear Community and dear Support-Team,

Unfortunately, I don't speak German, so I hope to get a help in English.

My scheme: Modem -> Router -> Network (phones, laptop).

CH7466CE had been working fine for some first months, then it started working slowly and with more and more errors. Moreover, the router gets an IPv6 address (only) without prefix, so other devices were not able to get IPv6 addresses.

I tried to use my old modem (Thomson THG571). IPv4 and IPv6 were working fine. Internet was accordingly to the tariff, but it didn't get phone setup, also setup of Cisco spa112 wasn't successful. I replaced back my modem with Vodafone's modem.

Now I have the phone and internet (slower: 21/1.3 vs 32/2) without IPv6.

Replacing CH7466CE with my modem is not successful anymore: THG571 can get intranet IP (10.xxx.xxx.xxx), DNS without phone and any Internet access.

Can you fix it? (get back IPv6)

Is it possible for the router to get the IPv6 address directly if CH7466CE is in bridge mode?

Is it possible to use THG571 including phone ports? If not, is it possible to use combination THG571 + Cisco SPA112?

Do you have any "limits" or access control lists using MAC addresses?

Thank you in advance.

Merry Christmas!

Best regards,

Vasilii.

Mehr anzeigen
1 Akzeptierte Lösung

Akzeptierte Lösungen
Highlighted
Ex-Moderator

Hello Vasilii,

I have checked your connection again. As of right now your connection operates in ds-lite mode. That means there is an IPv6-address. Can you confirm that?

Kind regards,

Sebastian

P.S. Regarding your cisco modem there is nothing I can do. No department within the company will be able to assist since the modem does not fulfull the required criteria. So we can't remove the association from the previous user. Maybe it is still part of his contract.

Alles Easy How To Hilfe !

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

Mehr anzeigen
11 Antworten 11
Highlighted
Ex-Moderator

Hello Vasilii,

First of all, I would like to take a look at your connection. Please send me your full name, address and customer ID via a private message.

Kind regards,

Sebastian

Mehr anzeigen
Highlighted
Ex-Moderator

Hello Vasilii,

Thanks for your private message.

You should get an IPv6-adress via ds-lite if you don't use the bridge mode (only IPv4 there). Since that is not working I will contact another department. There was a similar issue a few days ago. I will keep you updated on this.

Kind regards,

Sebastian

Mehr anzeigen
Highlighted
Smart-Analyzer

Dear Sebastian,

Unfortunately, CH7466CE  (Firmware version  4.50.19.12) doesn't get IPv6. Also, Internet works with errors, mostly "DNS name can't be resolved".

Cisco epc3212, as well as Thomson, get 'local' IP (IPv4) only.

And there are no Internet access and phone.

Happy New Year and all the best!

Kind regards,

Vasilii.

Mehr anzeigen
Highlighted
Ex-Moderator

Hi Vasilii,

I see that you were able to register and use another device yesterday. Which one is that?

My colleagues are checking a similar case (no IPv6) at the moment. As soon as I receive any news I will let you know.

Kind regards,

Sebastian

Mehr anzeigen
Highlighted
Smart-Analyzer

Hi Sebastian,

Yes, yesterday I activated Thomson THG571 modem using the following way:
1. I connected my laptop directly to modem;
2. Tried to open any page (unsuccessful);
3. Tried to ping gateway-IP, DNS-IP, google.com;
4. Found that the ping to google.com was redirected to a cable modem activation web-page, and name was resolved to IP-address successfully;
5. Copied-pasted web-address to the browser address line;
6. Finally, I was able to reach modem activation page!

7. Inserted proper data;

8. Had got Internet access via IPv4 and IPv6 protocols.

My router had got both addresses and IPv6-prefix.

I have IPv4 and IPv6 addresses with the stable Internet connection, but the phone-line doesn't work.
Sure, speed degrades during top loaded "prime-time", but the connection is stable.

Also, I have no idea why my laptop was not able to open activation page automatically.

It would be good to solve the issue with the phone-line.

Is it possible to get a simple cable modem-only device?

This combination modem-router-wifi-all-in-one named as CH7466CE is not stable, as I can see on the forum, it has the huge amount of issues.

The CH7466CE modem from Vodafone can't get and/or provide an IPv6 address (screenshot is attached) and the stable Internet connection.

As the topic is "No IPv6 with CH7466CE", I'm not sure, can it be closed or not.

The CH7466CE still doesn't work properly, from my point of view.

But I can use IPv6 protocol.

Best wishes,

Vasilii.

Mehr anzeigen
Highlighted
Ex-Moderator

Hello Vasilii,

You need another device where you enter the sip data (e.g. SIP-telephone or a Fritz!Box 7270). If you only want to use one device, I recommend you to use a Fritz!Box 6490.

However, the 7466CE should get an IPv6-address. If you have the device connected for several days I could open a ticket for you.

Kind regards,

Sebastian

Mehr anzeigen
Highlighted
Smart-Analyzer

Dear Sebastian,

Fritz!Box 6490 is good, but again it is a combination of modem + wifi + etc

I had got Cisco modem epc3212 from eBay seller.

I tried to activate it, but I met the following error:

"Leider können Sie die Aktivierung dieses Gerätes nicht durchführen. Es handelt sich bei dem Gerät um Eigentum von Vodafone Kabeldeutschland, welches bereits einem anderen Kunden zugeordnet ist. Bitte wenden Sie sich gegebenenfalls an Ihren Verkäufer."

If I understood correctly, this modem is the property of Vodafone KabeldeutschlandSmiley (fröhlich)

In the frame of the property, Vodafone should provide support, shouldn't it? 

It seems the original seller is Vodafone Kabeldeutschland, and re-re-seller someone else, and not a Vodafone's customer.

Is there any chance to get support, at least remove association to the previous user?

And, probably, remove blocking admin section.

Whom should I contact?

Thank you in advance.

Best wishes,

Vasilii.

Mehr anzeigen
Highlighted
Smart-Analyzer

Dear Sebastian,

The 7466CE is connected.

Please, open the ticket.

Best wishes,

Vasilii.

Mehr anzeigen
Highlighted
Ex-Moderator

Hello Vasilii,

I have checked your connection again. As of right now your connection operates in ds-lite mode. That means there is an IPv6-address. Can you confirm that?

Kind regards,

Sebastian

P.S. Regarding your cisco modem there is nothing I can do. No department within the company will be able to assist since the modem does not fulfull the required criteria. So we can't remove the association from the previous user. Maybe it is still part of his contract.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

Mehr anzeigen
Top Autoren