Archiv_Internet-Geräte

[English] Using Linksys WRT1200 AC as router with Vodafone DSL (Easybox 804)
Highlighted
Smart-Analyzer

Hi, apologies for writing in English but I have a question regarding the possibilities of using Linksys 1200 AC as my router. 

Right now I have the Easybox 804, and through my research it looks like it's not possible to configure this in bridge mode to act as a modem only, which I need to do in order to use the Linksys router.

Are there other alternatives provided by Vodafone that have this capability (possibly Fritzbox 7490)? Or are there any similar devices that can be used in this way for Vodafone Kabel customers?  I think I should be able to do this based on the Endgerätfreiheit provision passed last year.

I would like to use the Linksys router as my main router to increase the range of my WLAN network, add 5G capabilities, and add router-level VPN capabilities, but I think in order to do that I have to deactivate the WLAN coming from the router/modem combo provided by Vodafone.  Does anyone have experience with this or any advice to give?

Mehr anzeigen
1 Antwort 1

Hi pjack3191,

you can use any modem you want on your DSL connection.

But we can not provide support for all of them.

You can rent the EasyBox 804, FritzBox 7430 and FritzBox 7590 from us or you can buy one buy yourself.

Regards,

Jens

Zeigt, welche Beiträge Ihr cool findet – klickt auf „Gefällt mir“!

Alles Easy How To Hilfe !

Öffentliche Lösungen helfen allen – schreibt uns daher bitte einen Beitrag statt einer unaufgeforderten PN.
Private Daten erfragen wir bei Bedarf.

Mehr anzeigen