Archiv_Internet-Geräte

CBN CH6640E disconnects in Bridge Modus
Highlighted
Smart-Analyzer

Could someone please explain to me how I get Kabel Deutschland to exchange the CBN CH6640E router?
I've had this router for 2 weeks now and I can in good confidence tell you that this is easily the worst router I have every used. The performance of the router when it works is poor, not only does it add extra latency to your connection but it can't route the entire bandwidth provided to it by the inbuilt modem, so if you use this cheap router then your connection will be slower and have more latency.
The modem in this device does seem to function correctly. But this device can not operate in "Bridge Modus" because it will constantly reset your internet connection several times a day. So you will lose internet for a minute 8 or 10 times a day.
The standard of customer service offered by Kabel Deutschland is incredibly poor, I have rang up on more than 10 occasions over a two week period and no one has actually tried to solve my problem. Not only are the incredibly unhelpful but they will make up every excuse possible to try and put the blame on you. These people would need help tying their shoe laces. They simply read from their screens and either tell you to (A) "reset" the router or (B) please plug your pc directly into the router. I've spoked to at least 10 "Technicians" and 9 wanted to me to reset the router or plug my pc directly into the modem, most tried to blame my router. All failed to realise that if my connection didn't have this problem without "Bridge Modus" then why are they blaming my router? One guy said there was an network problem and that was the reason I had this problem. But zero had any knowledge of problems with the CBN CH6640E in "Bridge Modus".
They will go out of their way to pass you on too their colleague, I've literally spoken to 10 separate Kabel Deutschland customer service reps in a single telephone call. They will make up any excuse or give any reason as to why you have this problem instead of replacing the router they sent me.
Although my connection does not suffer disconnects when bridge mode is turned off, it is not acceptable as the cheap router causes increased latency and lowers my overall bandwidth while the connection is noticeably poorer compared to when operated in Bridge Modus.
I really feel sorry for anyone who isn't knowledgeable when it comes to networking and computers in general, because the Customer Service department will take you for a ride and they will probably never resolve your problem and only serve to waste your time.
I would prefer to get a modem to replace this router but looking on the website I see they offer a Technicolor TC7200K and a Hitron CVE-30360. I have also heard they have a Cisco Modem but is this able to handle 100mb. What other modems do Kabel Deutschland have that can handle 100mb? I really do not want any kind of cheap wireless router.
Is it possible to purchase my own Kabel modem and use it with my connection?

"Anmerkung Community-Team: Schlagworte und Kategorie für die bessere Zuordnung angepasst"

Mehr anzeigen
7 Antworten 7
Highlighted

Hello Schweinfurt,

it seems like there is a problem with your hardware. Please send me your adress and customer number. A replacement is necessary. I´m going to prepare everything.

best regards

Zeigt, welche Beiträge Ihr cool findet – klickt auf „Gefällt mir“!

Alles Easy How To Hilfe !

Öffentliche Lösungen helfen allen – schreibt uns daher bitte einen Beitrag statt einer PN.
Private Daten erfragen wir bei Bedarf

Mehr anzeigen
Highlighted
Netzwerkforscher
Hello Billy,

please have a look at my thread too, it's exacly the same problem. i'm trying to get a real modem for weeks now...

https://www.kunden-kabeldeutschland.de/questions/verbindungsabbruche-im-bridge-modus-ch6640e

thanks
Mehr anzeigen
Highlighted
Smart-Analyzer
Thanks Billy,
I had an engineer come and exchange my device just 2 hours ago. I will have to wait 24 hours before I can enable bridge mode and see if the problem is gone. Even both telephones stopped working and would only work after a reboot.
I must say I really lost patience but at least the device had now been replaced.

Kind regards.
Mehr anzeigen
Highlighted
Netzwerkforscher
There is a known problem in the cbn Software.

I wonder how Billy is not knowing this.

German KD Community Support Steffi wrote just two days ago:
(google translate)
Hi there,

Unfortunately, we found that the error of hourly reboots in bridge mode could not be resolved at the partially rolled out firmware version.
We have already passed on to our colleagues. When will there be a solution that is we have not yet known.

regards
Steffi

https://www.kunden-kabeldeutschland.de/questions/bridgemodus-und-neustart-des-kabelmodems
Mehr anzeigen
Highlighted
Smart-Analyzer
I have this problem for 3 weeks. I tried really hard to get a modem. They used to have a Cisco modem. The engineer that came to my house told me that it was not possible to get this device any more nor any other modem. My device was exchanged for the exact same compal device. I was assured that the device was faulty.

Unfortunately I still have the problem because this device does not work properly.

I asked repeatedly now for 3 weeks to change this device to a modem, I asked for a different device, then they come to my house and replace it with the exact same router that doesn't work. I really find it hard to comprehend how a cable company can fail this hard.

I will order a MOTOROLA SB6141 modem and ditch the telephone service from Kabel.
Mehr anzeigen
Highlighted

Hello Schweinfurt,

a new modem is on the way. Please install the device by yourself. After finishing please send back the compal device. Here is the adress:

Kabel Deutschland Logistikzentrum
Ernst-Lässig-Str. 5
09232 Hartmannsdorf

Greetings Billy

Zeigt, welche Beiträge Ihr cool findet – klickt auf „Gefällt mir“!

Alles Easy How To Hilfe !

Öffentliche Lösungen helfen allen – schreibt uns daher bitte einen Beitrag statt einer PN.
Private Daten erfragen wir bei Bedarf

Mehr anzeigen
Highlighted
Smart-Analyzer
Hi Everyone,

I face pretty much the same problem. I have a CBN router router from Kabeldeutschland and I connected my Cisco Linkys Wlan modem on it.

The normal Lan connection itself is not stable, I need to plug in-out in my computer multiple times until it works.

When I use Wifi than its even stranger. I have the connection established, my Laptop/iPad/ Handy recognises the Wlan and I can connect. Once connected, there is no internet. So on the Laptop/iPad/ Handy settings I need to drop Wifi and connect again. After 5-8 times of trying I finally have internet, for around half an hour or max 3 hours. Than the connection is dropped and I need to play the same game again. Settings wifi off-on, forget network, password connect again.

The internet speed is around 4.54kbs / 0.38kbs on wifi and a bit stronger in Lan mode. I pay for 32 kbs/2kbs. I wouldn't complain at 20+/1+ but the current results and the complication of running the internet is not acceptable.

So after long hours of research, yesterday I switched on the Bridge Modus and I have exactly the same result. I simply cannot have stable internet connection. 15 years ago my 56K setup was lot more stable than what I have now for 30€.

Calling customer service doesn't help as I get passed from 1 to another person. Reading the comments above now I strongly believe that the router from KD could be the main reason.

Honestly I have to say I never in the last 15 year experienced such complicated way to make the internet work.

is there anyone here who can help me? I would like to get a new router and gladly cooperate with KD to finally make my net working.

Kind Regards,

Lehel
Mehr anzeigen