Menu Toggle

Aktuelle Einschränkungen

Mobilfunk: Es gibt aktuell leider Störungen im Mobilfunkbereich unter 2G, 3G und 4G. (Region München, Dachau, Oberschleißheim, Unterföhring, Ismaning).

MeinVodafone-App: Einschränkung bei Kündigung

Mein Vodafone-App: Selfservice-Alle Dienste

Nähere Informationen dazu findet ihr im Eilmeldungsboard.

Close announcement

Archiv_Internet-Geräte

Basic DSL Modem Options
Highlighted
Smart-Analyzer

Hello, I have booked a new contract with vDSL 100. I will get an EasyBox for my connection, but I use my own router in my home. I do not start service until August, so I have time to cancel if there is no good modem available. 

It does not seem that bridge mode is possible from what I read online, which will create problems for my connection.

How can I use my own router on the Vodafone connection? Does the Fritzbox have a bridge mode?

Mehr anzeigen
9 Antworten 9
Highlighted
Gelöschter User
Nicht anwendbar

For example the fritzbox 6490 cable offers bridge mode.

Mehr anzeigen
Highlighted
SuperUser

@Gelöschter User

But the TE has a VDSL contract.

The 6490 Cable doesnt work with VDSL

Mehr anzeigen
Highlighted
Gelöschter User
Nicht anwendbar

Important to know. Thanks.

PS. Could you help the TE?

Mehr anzeigen
Highlighted
Smart-Analyzer

Thank you both for your quick replies. 

From more research, I am seeing that I would need to purchase a standalone modem (Drytek Vigor 130).

I really hope that Vodafone has a device that works, since it is silly that I'd need to pay extra for a device with less features than a full router!

To specify, I need a WAN connection to a EdgeRouterX that I use for multiple VLANs in my home. 

Mehr anzeigen
Highlighted

Hey Deutschmavic,

may i ask which router model you already have?
You can use your own IAD.

We offer 3 DSL-Routers.

The Easybox 804 ,Fritzbox 7430 , Fritzbox 7590.

These are consumer grade devices - for special needs / feature requests i suggest a professional network device.
Draytek is always a solid choice.

If you plan on using your own device, just order the easybox 804 (0Euro monthly) & keep the easybox as a backup solution (or if you need to open an incident ticket).

Best regards,
Andre

Zeigt, welche Beiträge Ihr cool findet – klickt auf „Gefällt mir“!

Alles Easy How To Hilfe !

Öffentliche Lösungen helfen allen – schreib uns daher bitte einen Beitrag statt einer unaufgeforderten PN.
Private Daten erfragen wir bei Bedarf.

Mehr anzeigen
Highlighted
Smart-Analyzer

Thanks for your response. 

I will be using an Ubiquiti EdgeRouter.

Does the EasyBox have a bridge mode so it will function stricly as a modem? My current contract (Red Internet & Phone 200 Cable) works great in bridge mode.

I will need a device to convert from DSL to ethernet, preferably supplied by Vodafone.

Mehr anzeigen
Highlighted

Hey Deutschmavic,

the easybox 804 does not support bridge mode.
It's designed as a "easy" all in one starting device, with limited configuration possibilities.

The fritz box routers also mainly designed to work as a router, not only as a modem.

If you are planing on buying a new own device anyway, i would suggest you :
Take the easybox 804 (as a 0 euro rental device) - so that you have a router in reserve (f.e. that you always have a supported device at hand, if you need to open a technical ticket).

And buy a vdsl modem of your choice, like the DrayTek Vigor 130 + a dedicated router.

99,99% of all customers should be happy with one of our "premium routers/"all in one solution"" like the Fritzbox 7590.
This should definitly be the cheaper solution.

Best regards,
Andre

Öffentliche Lösungen helfen allen – schreib uns daher bitte einen Beitrag statt einer unaufgeforderten PN.

Mehr anzeigen
Highlighted
Smart-Analyzer
Thank you Andre, that is the information I needed.

So it is not possible to operate any of the Vodafone DSL routers in Bridge mode and I would need a dedicated modem in order to use my own router and internal network.
Mehr anzeigen
Highlighted

Yep.

You could use the Fritzbox in Bridge Mode,  but only as a Switch/Router - not as a modem.

So if you are planing on using your own device, take the 804 & put it somewhere in the attic.
(you have to choose a device, even if you don't use it).

Best regards,
Andre

Mehr anzeigen
Top Autoren