abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!

Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Basic DSL Modem Options
Deutschmavic
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hello, I have booked a new contract with vDSL 100. I will get an EasyBox for my connection, but I use my own router in my home. I do not start service until August, so I have time to cancel if there is no good modem available. 

It does not seem that bridge mode is possible from what I read online, which will create problems for my connection.

How can I use my own router on the Vodafone connection? Does the Fritzbox have a bridge mode?

9 Antworten 9
Gelöschter User
Nicht anwendbar

For example the fritzbox 6490 cable offers bridge mode.

@Gelöschter User

But the TE has a VDSL contract.

The 6490 Cable doesnt work with VDSL

Gelöschter User
Nicht anwendbar

Important to know. Thanks.

PS. Could you help the TE?

Thank you both for your quick replies. 

From more research, I am seeing that I would need to purchase a standalone modem (Drytek Vigor 130).

I really hope that Vodafone has a device that works, since it is silly that I'd need to pay extra for a device with less features than a full router!

To specify, I need a WAN connection to a EdgeRouterX that I use for multiple VLANs in my home. 

Andre
Ex-Moderator:in

Hey Deutschmavic,

may i ask which router model you already have?
You can use your own IAD.

We offer 3 DSL-Routers.

The Easybox 804 ,Fritzbox 7430 , Fritzbox 7590.

These are consumer grade devices - for special needs / feature requests i suggest a professional network device.
Draytek is always a solid choice.

If you plan on using your own device, just order the easybox 804 (0Euro monthly) & keep the easybox as a backup solution (or if you need to open an incident ticket).

Best regards,
Andre

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Thanks for your response. 

I will be using an Ubiquiti EdgeRouter.

Does the EasyBox have a bridge mode so it will function stricly as a modem? My current contract (Red Internet & Phone 200 Cable) works great in bridge mode.

I will need a device to convert from DSL to ethernet, preferably supplied by Vodafone.

Andre

Hey Deutschmavic,

the easybox 804 does not support bridge mode.
It's designed as a "easy" all in one starting device, with limited configuration possibilities.

The fritz box routers also mainly designed to work as a router, not only as a modem.

If you are planing on buying a new own device anyway, i would suggest you :
Take the easybox 804 (as a 0 euro rental device) - so that you have a router in reserve (f.e. that you always have a supported device at hand, if you need to open a technical ticket).

And buy a vdsl modem of your choice, like the DrayTek Vigor 130 + a dedicated router.

99,99% of all customers should be happy with one of our "premium routers/"all in one solution"" like the Fritzbox 7590.
This should definitly be the cheaper solution.

Best regards,
Andre

Deutschmavic
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer
Thank you Andre, that is the information I needed.

So it is not possible to operate any of the Vodafone DSL routers in Bridge mode and I would need a dedicated modem in order to use my own router and internal network.
Andre

Yep.

You could use the Fritzbox in Bridge Mode,  but only as a Switch/Router - not as a modem.

So if you are planing on using your own device, take the 804 & put it somewhere in the attic.
(you have to choose a device, even if you don't use it).

Best regards,
Andre