abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Problem with Gigacube
Gigacube3
Daten-Fan
Daten-Fan

Hello,

I do not speak fluent German so I have to write this in English. I got a new Gigacube on 14th of August 2019 from a vodafone store. The Gigacube has shown no connectivity and always shows red signal. I went to the store multiple times but they couldnt help. Meanwhile the simcard got stuck inside and they said the Gigacube might be faulty and it was send back for repair. I received the new Gigacube now, but it still shows only red signal.I have not used the Gigacube even for one day after receiving it on 14th of August and I am paying monthly for no use at all. I am very upset with this and would like to cancel the contract. The store is not ready to help me anyway and everytime I go there, they give a very cold response to contact customer care. And the customer care tells me that the contract can only be cancelled through the store.  Can someone please help me with this issue? 

3 Antworten 3
reneromann
SuperUser
SuperUser

Have you checked that you have Vodafone mobile network coverage at the place you try to use the GigaCube? Maybe you can check it with a smartphone...

In case there is NO mobile network coverage at all, you won't get internet signal at all with the GigaCube - but that's definitely not the fault from Vodafone. As your contract does not include any location information, there is no right to cancel the contract in case it does not work at your home - because you may freely use the GigaCube at places inside Germany where you have Vodafone mobile network coverage.

Yes, with my mobile I do have connection to Vodafone network.

Have you tried connecting to the GigaCube configuration page and checked if there is any error message?

I think it might be that you have to enter the PIN of the SIM card (and either afterwards directly disable the SIM PIN check -or- at least save the SIM PIN so that the GigaCube can auto-reconnect after restart).

Because if the SIM PIN check is enabled and you are not entering the SIM PIN via the GigaCube configuration page, your GigaCube cannot establish any kind of network connection (same as with your smartphone that also does not work without entering the SIM PIN if the SIM PIN check is enabled).

The configuration page can be reached if you start up the GigaCube, connect to the WiFi of the cube and either use the http://giga.cube link or try to connect to any other webpage as long as the Cube has no internet connection.