abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

GigaCube cancellation in-store
HelpMeIAmLost
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hi, I'm a new member and I'd like to ask about an issue I'm having with the cancellation of my GigaCube contract.

I recently moved to Germany and wanted to have a phone and internet contract. As I'm still staying in a hotel, applying for a DSL or cable internet is not applicable to me, hence, I chose GigaCube. As I also play online multiplayer games on my PS4, I asked the staff, before getting the GigaCube, if it can be used for such things. He said yes and gave me the option of having a higher data limit per month. So I got the GigaCube and went home, but didn't use my PS4 until some day have passed. I noticed that I cannot join other players' onliine sessions and saw that the GigaCube has a NAT Type 3 configuration. I changed a few settings on the GigaCube for port forwarding, etc. but to no avail. I then started searching the internet and here I am. I've searched the forums and there's just no solution to it.

My problem is, I want to cancel my contract but when I went to the Vodafone store yesterday, I was told that I cannot cancel it and the 14-day trial is only applicable to those who applied for a GigaCube online or through the phone. I just checked today, through this website, about the contract cancellation for GigaCube and saw that cancelling within 30 days is allowed. I don't know how to proceed if the staff tells me again they can't cancel it, as it seems to be the problem of some customers in this community.

P.S.

Out of frustration, I sent a PM directly to one of the moderators without posting on the community forum first. I do apologize for that.

1 Akzeptierte Lösung

Akzeptierte Lösungen
MichaM
Ex-Moderator:in

@HelpMeIAmLost: ..and answered. Smiley (fröhlich)

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

9 Antworten 9
MichaM

Hello,

and welcome to the Vodafone Community 🙂

You're right in pointing out that, when you choose the Vodafone GigaCube, you currently benefit from a 30-days-test-period. It's called "Zufriedenheitsgarantie ".

Within the 30 days, you can test the GigaCube thoroughly.

You can then return it if you're not happy with it.

If you bought it at a store, you can take it back to that same store.

If you bought the Cube at the Vodafone Online store you can dispatch it as a parcel return to the address of the sender.

The contract will then be terminated and you will be refunded the purchase price of the GigaCube.

I hope this information is helpful. In any case, feel free to comment here.

Regards

Micha

Hi @MichaM ,

Thank you for your reply. I will come back to the store and try again to cancel the contract, and this time, mention the Zufriedenheitsgarantie to them. I have to admit, when I went there the first time, I wasn't prepared and expected the staff will be more understanding of my situation.

I'll give a feedback later.

MichaM

Yes, it would be great if you kept us posted here in the Community.

Possibly, it was just a misunderstanding. The staff will know what to do when you show them the Zufriedenheitsgarantie.

Should all fail, we can assist you here.

Regards

Micha

Hi @MichaM ,

Good day. So I finally went to the Vodafone store last Saturday. The staff said it doesn't matter if I have the Zufriedenheitsgarantie. He said that all he can do is ask Vodafone if my reason is acceptable, and that this will take time. So for the second time, the same person rejected my request for cancellation.

MichaM

Hi,

I'm really sorry you went there in vain.

If you send me a private message, I'll take care of a solution.

Regards

Micha

Hi @MichaM ,

Thanks. PM sent!

MichaM

@HelpMeIAmLost: ..and answered. Smiley (fröhlich)

I was finally able to return the GigaCube to the store where I got it. The branch manager was not there when I arrived (his staff said he had to leave early despite the manager telling me I could come until 6 pm).

Thanks to @MichaM this has been finally dealt with. Very helpful to someone with zero German language skills.

Lastly, I would reiterate that it is partly my fault for not doing enough research on something (GigaCube) I would use for a specific purpose (online gaming). I was just surprised by what the branch manager told me, which I think goes against my rights as a consumer in Germany. I'm really thankful this Community exists.

Hi,

Thank you very much for this great feedback to the Community. Smiley (fröhlich)

I'm glad you find the Community helpful and that we could contribute to resolving the situation in a way that you feel happy with.

Even though it is your special right granted by this very contract that was affected rather than your general right as a consumer, you can rightly expect to find help in such a case.

Why it didn't work out to settle this in the first run is difficult to ascertain. In any case, there is no need for you to feel guilty about this. I assume that it is always tricky to deal with such an issue in a language that is neither party's native language.

Issue settled. This line will be closed for further comments.

All the best Smiley (fröhlich)

Micha