abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Xiaomi IH Rice Cooker wifi problem
JMoMZ
Forum-Checker
Forum-Checker

I have a Xiaomi IH rice cooker, which doesn't connect to wifi. I have Vodafone Kabel, with Vodafone router. 

The problem is _not_ the usual "change region to China mainland" issue, that doesn't help. 

The cooker connects if I open a hotspot on mobile and control from an other mobile, but it is not sustainable, e.g. I miss other functionalities. 

What is in Vodafone kabel or the router what stops the cooker to connect? 

5 Antworten 5
reneromann
SuperUser
SuperUser

It's pretty sure an issue with the cooker itself as it might only use the very old 802.11b WiFi standard. This standard is not supported by the Vodafone Station anymore as it results in huge speed issues.

The cooker supports Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 b / g / n 2.4GHz all standards. (only the 5GHz is unsupported)

I suspect some firewall or other setting either in the router or the ISP.

It has nothing to do with a firewall if the device cannot connect to the WLAN.

As I said - those devices usually only have an 802.11b WiFi module built-in - even if they write "compatible to 802.11b/g/n" - as 802.11g/n devices are required by the corresponding standard to support the slower 802.11b speeds, but there is no requirement for routers/base stations to have this compatibility mode enabled all the time. It might be enabled - but there is no requirement that is has to be enabled.

And as far as I know, Vodafone and the device vendor decided NOT to enable this compatibility mode - therefor 802.11b-only devices cannot connect to the WiFi anymore. Thus meaning your rice cooker will not be able to connect to the WiFi at all.

Any solution for that issue? I switched the router to seperate 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz and now my rice cooker does not connect anymore as well... 

Yes, buy another one which really supports or uses 802.11ac or 802.11n operations (and does not only state "compatible to") - Or: Don't use the WiFi option...

These devices only support the outdated 802.11b protocol which is not supported anymore by nowadays WiFi routers and AccessPoints - older APs and routers only support these devices as they had a legacy flag enabled that also allowed them to fall back to 802.11b protocol.

But due to heavy performance issues with 802.11b devices, this "legacy" flag was disabled and will remain so. Background is that 802.11b devices only support a maximum transmission speed of 11 MBit/s (and they are connected usually with an even lower connection speed) whereas 802.11n or 802.11ac allow operations of up to approx 200 MBit/s transmission speed at the same frequency band. Thus each 802.11b device really slows down your network by approx factor 20(!).